Best Tools To Edit And Crop Videos For Non-Techies
Videos perform an ever-increasing role in social media today. Thus, the importance of tools for cropping, editing, and publishing videos is also surmounting for social media marketing. But which video tool is the most essential, especially for non-techies? There is a broad range from beginner’s tools with an intuitive approach to professional editing programs and mobile apps operating in the cloud to download desktop programs. The prices for these solutions also vary considerably.
This post will advance you to our top video-tools for social media marketing. You will have a more inclusive insight into what those programs or tools can do, what they are particularly intended for, and how much you will have to spend on them. It gives you the edge in searching for the ideal tool for video editing and videos’ effective production.
Recent statistics impressively demonstrate how video is increasing value in social media marketing. On Instagram, the playback time of videos has grown by 80% compared to last year, and on Facebook, sponsored video content was watched 258 percent above. About a third of all activity on major social media platforms includes video consumption. Considering this trend is compelled to advance, it is worth incorporating videos in your own social media marketing tactics.
With social media video taking over our feeds and stories, it’s an excellent opportunity to get to identify some of the best video editing apps around. From resizing your clips to adding entertaining animations, branded elements, and filters to your video, many easy-to-use tools can help you create your marketing video. You don’t need to hire a professional videographer or purchase a costly kit to produce engaging video content for your social media campaign.
Whether you’re seeking to develop a one-off project or you’re beginning a new hobby in videography, discovering beginner-friendly software is a topmost priority. Besides being straightforward to use, you’ll want to study other aspects such as adaptability with your operating system, cost, features, and customer support.
Filmora is considered as a multi-faceted video editing software as they come. It is one of the powerful tools that are free and well-designed. You get many pro highlights such as layering clips and sounds and the possibility to generate perfect timing with the keyframing feature. Users are also capable of eliminating annoying background noise and publishing your video in 4K quality. Filmora is usable on Windows and Mac, and you’re also capable of exporting your videos in several frame sizes for online distribution.
The design is automatic and easy to use that comes replete with overlays, filters, overlays, transitions, motion elements, and a small collection of royalty-free music.
- 4K editing and support GIF
- Up to 100 layers of media
- Color tuning, noise removal, reverse, and camera shake effects
- Creative filters and professional 3D LUTs
- YouTube/Vimeo export
- Precision speed control
- Green screen, split-screen, and screen recording
- Video stabilization, tilt-shift, and audio separation
- Free trial with watermark
- 1-year license for $39.99
- Lifetime license for $59.99
- Unlimited option for $99.87 per year that includes new effects every month and unlimited downloads from Filmstocks Standards Library
- Business lifetime plan starts at $139.99
Lightworks is the most excellent free choice for anyone who wants to create professional-quality movies and videos without spending a penny. While it still can’t be deemed a match for a program like Adobe Premiere Elements, it carries a multitrack video. It is a non-linear editor, so your footage’s quality won’t be diminished while being processed.
With Lightworks, you’ll get all kinds of high-end features that are typically only accessible with fancy packages such as Final Cut Pro. These incorporate the facility to import and render clips in the background and show video effects in real-time. The one disadvantage is that studying how to utilize Lightworks can take some time as the interface is relatively complicated. You can drag multiple editing windows around to generate a practically limitless number of layout alterations and established custom keyboard shortcuts to advance your editing tasks.
- Easy and automatic user interface
- Simple timeline editing and trimming
- Upload/export directly to YouTube
- Project/edit backup/archive
- Free license version restricted to a 720p Vimeo/YouTube export
- All import formats
- No Blackmagic or AJA camera support
- Limited exporting selections
Lightworks Pro license costs
- $24.99 per month
- $174.99 per year
- $437.99 outright
InVideo is the latest video editing software tool that will help you create appealing videos of all sorts. You can design videos on InVideo utilizing preconfigured templates, blank templates & Premium templates. There is definitely no technical expertise required to create videos using InVideo.
A functionality will help you turn a blog post into a video just like you did in Lumen5 but with more satisfying visual elements and features. Like Canva, there are pre-made platform-specific dimensions to create videos for platform placements like Facebook Newsfeed, YouTube, Instagram Story, Instagram Post, etc.
- No InVideo watermark
- Up to 720p resolution
- 100-plus curated designer templates
- Up to 5 minutes Video lenght
- Single user account
- Storage up to 1GB
- The InVideo Free plan covers the full feature set with 1GB of storage and 720p resolution of videos
- InVideo’s Business plan is accessible for $10 monthly but can be billed annually and offers 1080p resolution on video projects
iMovie is an easy and simple video editing application for macOS and iOS. Ideal for beginners or those who don’t require professional-grade video editing software. It is straightforward to use. For users who have no familiarity with video editing in general, the software can still be a little confusing.
With iMovie, you can do all the basic editing tasks. That covers importing media, cutting clips, managing them on the timeline, and adding on-screen titles. It also extends assistance for green-screen work, primary special effects, and color adjustments. With just these few features, you can produce some pretty remarkable fundamental video edits.
- Choose from dozens of styles to add superbly animated titles and credits
- Add a broadcast sense to your presentation with picture-in-picture and split-screen effects
- Pick from 10 creative video filters that add a cinematic touch
- Sound effects, built-in music, and voiceover
- Publish straight to YouTube in 4K
- Free for macOS and iOS
Hitfilm Express is a modern, free video editing software and rated one of today’s most reliable tools. With a robust set of editing tools in the editor and the timeline, you can achieve anything from merging different clips, working with 3D objects, to adding striking Marvel colors to your flick.
The most significant feature of Hitfilm extends in the simplicity of its interface and a wide variety of editing tools. There’s no border on the number of videos you can import to the tool. Additionally, almost all the functions and effects are only a tick away, supposing you understand what each tool does.
- 2D and 3D effects
- Mac and Windows Compatible
- With over 400 visual effects
- Editor with transitions and extensive tracks
- Online community forum
- Free to download and use
- Starting at $9.99, add-ons are available for purchase
- HitFilm Pro is $299 for a lifetime, 3-seat license
WeVideo is a cross-platform video editing tool that can be utilized in Internet browsers, mobile gadgets, and tablets. In the interface, you import photos, videos, and audio direct from your device and adjust it on a timeline, enabling simple trimming and effects that you can apply. It also comprises a library of preset themes that includes music and transitions, a library of licensed music, and the capability to share videos in 4K resolution. But, the free version of WeVideo isn’t without its limitations.
One main downside is that free users are only given 10GB of cloud storage. If you’re producing a one-off video, this is fine. But if you intend to edit many videos, you’ll definitely require more space. The free version also places a WeVideo watermark on your videos, which isn’t fitting.
- 125K+ music assets inside the music library
- WeVideo Jumpstart – users can start editing immediately without waiting for source content to upload
- Free account includes up to five minutes of video publishing per month, 1 GB of cloud storage, and 480p resolution.
- Power plan is at $4.99 per month, billed annually
- Unlimited plan is at $7.99 per month, billed annually
- Professional plan at $17.99 per month, billed annually
- Business plan at $29.99 per month, billed annually
- School and district plans at available, billed annually
Some video editors may have a cropping and resizing feature, but you need to customize its size yourself. But with the advancement of technology today, we have a few tools that can help you even if you are not technically inclined or just a beginner with video editing tools. You can opt for auto video cropping tool like CropVid.
CropVid is the latest cropping tool that automatically crops and resizes video according to social media guidelines. A simple upload, edit preference, and export, are what you need to produce a quality video based on specified measures by major platforms like Facebook, Instagram, TikTok, and Youtube. This aims to make your video fit the right size without missing any action from your content.